Water is very important for the proper functioning of the body and it also keeps the body hydrated. A 2% drop in your body’s water level can cause dehydration. So, now you know how important water is for our living. Our house water supply comes from some natural water resources such as rivers, lakes and water streams. There are some manmade resources as well such as underground water borings, hand pipes, and wells. Unfortunately these all water resources are polluted and are contaminated with many harmful metals and minerals dissolved in water which cannot be seen by naked eyes. Drinking polluted and contaminated water that contains many viruses and bacteria as well can cause many body disorders and diseases such as Cholera, Diarrhea, and Giardia.
Lake or river water can also contain many chemicals as several chemical industries dispose their chemical garbage in rivers and lake. Commonly disposed chemical garbage usually contains fertilizers residue, herbicides residue, pesticides residue and some heavy metals residue which is very harmful for our body. This is where water filters prove to be a good help in cleaning contaminated water. Reverse osmosis water filter can be best when it comes to filter your water.
How it works: The filtration of water using reverse osmosis water filters consists of three main steps. These steps are briefed below:
- Prefiltration: Water enters your water filter system through a prefilter which removes all the undissloved substances and debris from water so that the debris may not clog the consistent water flow in filter tubes. Prefilter also contains carbon particles which remove chlorine particles and other contaminations from water.
- The Membrane: After prefiltration, water comes in main unit which contains a membrane. This membrane allows filtered and pure water to pass through it to the other side of tank. The remaining undissloved solids and contaminations were disposed in drain and clear the water filter system.
- Final Check: The water which has passed the membrane test now collects in a storage tank. From this storage tank the water goes for a final check in carbon filters. These carbons filters help in removing the remaining odor and taste from water making it ready to be poured into your water glass for drinking it.
Benefits of Reverse Osmosis: RO systems have many benefits when it comes to filtering water. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Lead Free water: Lead is a heavy metal and is considered very harmful for our body. Lead can result in high blood pressure, muscles, brain damage, and can cause anemia in children. RO system filters lead from your kitchen water and makes it safe for drinking.
- Good for cancer patients: RO system filtered water is considered as good for those people who are getting treated for cancer by radiation or chemotherapy.
- Less containment: RO filtered water is always less contaminated water which is beneficial for our health.
There are several other types of water filters that can make your living easy like the hard water filters that make water soft for domestic uses.